Mission, Values & Doctrine
“Inspiring the passion to learn, the courage to lead, and the commitment to serve”
Temple Christian School exists to impact the lives of this generation of young people. Our goals for every student are:
- To know the love of Jesus Christ through example and teaching; to learn the importance of showing this love to others.
- To acquire a lifestyle of Christian character, morality, respect, and responsibility.
- To participate in acquiring the finest education attainable in a school whose expectations are constantly being increased.
- To be provided with a wide variety of co-curricular opportunities conducted in an atmosphere and with attitudes and behavior that exalt Jesus Christ.
We exist for no other purpose and we will be satisfied with nothing less.
What We Believe
Temple Christian School adheres to the doctrinal position of its founding church, Temple Baptist Church. We believe in and teach these basic principles:
We believe in one God who exists as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
About Jesus Christ
We believe that Jesus Christ is God the Son, virgin-born, died on the cross, resurrected from the dead, is coming again, and is the only way to heaven.
About The Holy Spirit
We believe that the Holy Spirit lives in every Christian, provides power for living, gives understanding, and provides guidance for doing what is right.
About Human Beings
We believe that all people are created in the image of God but became alienated from God through sin, and as a result, need salvation.
We believe that salvation is a gift of God to all who receive it. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ can anyone be saved. (The Good News)
About Eternal Security
We believe God gives people eternal life through Jesus Christ. We believe this life cannot be gained, kept, or lost by humankind.
We believe that people will exist eternally either separated from God in Hell or in union with God in Heaven.
About The Bible
We believe the Bible was verbally inspired by God and without error in the original writings and has been supernaturally preserved throughout history. It is the supreme authority in all matters of truth.
About The Church
We believe that the church is the body of Christ. We believe all Christians are to be in covenant with a local body of believers.
About Human Sexuality
We believe that God’s design for human sexuality is the marriage of one woman to one man. All sexual practices outside of God’s plan are sinful.
About Sexual Identity
We believe that God created mankind in His image: male (man) and female (woman), sexually different but with equal personal dignity. We must affirm our biological gender and refrain from any and all attempts to physically change, alter, or disagree with our created predominant biological sex.
Families of many faiths are served by Temple Christian School. We request that no student or parent become involved in any type of proselytizing. Our host church, Temple Baptist Church does not practice this, and we cannot permit others to use the school to aid in the promotion of their particular church or faith. No attempt will ever be made by the school staff to pull a student away from his/her home church. Students from over 150 different churches and 35 different denominations make up the Temple family. While attempting to avoid “hot button” religious issues as much as possible, Temple Christian does, without apology, teach all tenets of the above doctrinal statement and the exclusivity of salvation through Jesus Christ.
Philosophy of Christian Education
- The students will be taught a Christian worldview which comes from the truths of the Christian faith.
- The school and the home must cooperate closely in every phase of the student’s development, especially as it relates to the school program.
- Subjects and activities will be integrated with Biblical teaching.
- The student will be taught to apply Biblical ethics and standards of morality to every part of life.
- The school will strive to instill a desire for excellence in the academic disciplines and the skills required for higher education and future employment.
- The school will help the student to develop his or her personality based on a proper understanding and acceptance of him or herself as a unique individual created in the image of God.
- The school seeks to help students develop a right relationship with God which results in respectful and loving concern for family members, teachers, and all others in society.
- The school will emphasize to the students that their bodies are the temples of God’s Spirit and that they have the responsibility to treat their bodies with great respect. Physical fitness will be promoted through physical education and extracurricular athletic opportunities.